Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

11 months 3 weeks old

So sorry everyone for not blogging for such a long time! Mami has been lazy with updating even though "I" wanted to... (Avery has been really interested in grabbing Mami's laptop keyboard).
I am going to be 1 year old soon! This is an important time for baby because this is the first ever birthday and so that's special! I wonder what Mami and Dadi will do to celebrate this special day with me (Mami: Hmmmmmmmmmmm........). Small QQ came the week before and it was nice to see him again after so many months. I love to crawl to QQ's room to visit him because he also have a laptop and it is always on the floor where i can reach it! Yay! And he also have a PSP which i was eyeing. Hahaha. Dadi say i am a gadget girl. Yessireee... I love Dadi's iphone too because it has my favourite Elmo song on it. "la la lala la la lala Elmo song!" Then there are the sesame street podcasts on Dadi's macbook which are also very nice! I think i prefer these to watching the children's song vcds that nainai gave me. I am so in love with Elmo (Dadi: Then you will like your present. Heehee).

This month, Mami has been cooking up a storm for me. Some of the new things i have tried are, Cheesy Tuna and Pasta Gratin (I love cheese!), Pumpkin Risotto (*Smack lips*), Steam Egg with Chinese Mushroom (I ate it with rice!), Apple Crumble (Sweet!) and Chicken Pasta (Chicken is yummy!). There are others too but these are a few of my favourites. I think Mami has a new cookbook, that's why she is so hardworking. I like these more than i like porridge. Dadi say i eat like an 'ang moh'. Hmmm what's an 'ang moh'? Anyway, Mami say as long as i am eating well, it is okie already.

I am not sure if i've learnt much new things this month. I am still pooing in the toilet bowl and drinking from my straw cup. Mami got me a new straw cup but this is much harder to drink! I think it because the straw is longer. Anyway, i dont like changes. *sulk* Why can't i just keep to my old cup? Sometimes i can hold the cup and drink on my own but after that, i love to fling the cup around and watch the water dribble all over my table. Hahaha. But Mami doesn't like that very much. Oops. I am doing alot of standing, cruising, holding to squat and getting up but Dadi still ask me how come i am not walking. Well, let me just say that, i will walk when i am ready! Dont hurry me please.

I think Dadi will get more headache IF i am walking because i am so ready to let him chase after me while i go around and meddle with his stuff. Already he is always complaining about me pulling my books off the shelf (I love to count them as them fall down) and pressing the buttons on the PS3 and DVD player. Now my new target is trying to get to the kitchen! Dadi thinks he can stop me by putting the shopping trolley infront of it but that's not going to stop me for very long. ESP if i am walking. Hahaha. (Dadi: Nevermind.. i got a GATE already!).

I am still going to the playgroup and sometimes we meet my friends in the park. My friends are all older than me by a few months but i am taller than most of them! But of cos, i am also skinnier. Laolao seems to be abit upset with Mami for not making me fat fat... but then i think taller is better. Heh heh Dadi say he hopes that i will be taller than him but Mami say like that hard to find boyfriend. Dadi say i am too young for boyfriend. Hmmm...

Anyway... I am all excited thinking about my birthday, so much so that sometimes i wake up in the night and laugh to myself. Of cos' that means Mami will have to come tuck me in to sleep again. She wonders how come some days i can sleep through and some days i can't. Well, i can't explain it either. Sorry Mami! Well... hopefully i can sleep through and only wake up in the day. Dadi say Mami is very tired if i keep waking up at night. :/ Well.. i will try la.

Okie. That's all for now. When i write next, i will be one year old! Will tell everyone how my birthday goes.. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Avery is so cute!! So full of expressions.

Alice, u r really good at cooking up a storm for her meals. I must learn from u.. Zach doesnt want porridge so gotta cook some dishes for him to go with his rice. Any suggestions?

Aurorin said...

Hey Kath,

I am just doing from cookbook la. From Zach's photos on facebook, i am sure he is eating well!!

Anyway, Avery is also wanting to eat rice and not porridge! She has alot of stew with her rice lor. Beef, chicken, pork. I just cook with stock and veggie, along with one meat. Sometimes i add in lentils and beans. The 'sauce' helps to soften the rice abit also. Baked fish etc along with some creamy sauce or veg also nice with rice. All-in-one meal! :)