Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

15 months and 3 weeks

We are now back in Melbourne and the weather has been rather good. Mami has been taking me out for walks in the garden nearby and i also started my playgroup again. This time, everyone in the playgroup is older than me and everyone is walking so well. Except me. But then, i am the only one in the group that's talking alot and labelling pictures in books. Mami says everyone is different and we will all learn things in our own time. Well, at that time, i wish i could walk because everyone looks like they are having fun pushing toys and doing drawing. They could also come and take my biscuits away from me. But of course, i am the one that can tell them "No!" when they do that... not that they understood me. Hahaha.

In any case, that was 2 weeks ago. NOW i am starting to walk so i think i will be catching up with the rest soon and we can all join in the same games! Heh seems like walking is a major milestone because i heard Mami and Dadi being asked if i can walk already by Gonggong and Laolao all the time! Well, it is not like i couldnt but you know, i just like to be careful... i feel safer if Mami or Dadi let me hold their finger. But yesterday, after our visit to the garden, i surprised Mami and Dadi by walking across the living room. Wahh.. you should see their faces. Heh heh i felt very proud of myself also because even though i was still abit scared, it is OK to walk without holding on to Mami! So now i will walk for a bit without Mami BUT only if i can see her infront of me (just in case i fall down). Heh she seems to think it is a game to see if i could catch her... It is actually quite fun. :) I think give me another week or so, i will be chasing after the dogs in the garden. Hahaha that is one place where i DONT want Mami's finger because she is always making me go in the opposite direction that i WANT to go. Well, you just watch Mami... when i don't need your finger any more, i can go wherever i please!

Okie.. back to what else i have been learning. Now i can do a 4 pc inset shape puzzle with knobs, with a little help from Mami to keep me focus (i tend to do 2 then i want to take them out again... well, what do you expect? i am still a kid mah!). I also like to do my shape sorters. Mami wonders why i am can be so neat with some toys but not with my books. I will always put the balls back in the sink of my play kitchen but will leave my books all over the floor. Eh.. cos the sink is easier for me to keep things than the shelf?? Haha Oh.. almost forgot, Mami and Dadi got me a small table/chair in the spare room where we also keep the piano. Now i have my very own 'work-station'! So sometimes i will sit there to play with my puzzles or musical instruments while Mami plays on the piano. Of course i will also clap for her when she finish a song and sometimes hum along.

One of my favourite activity now is scribbling on paper. Everyday i have to pester Mami to let me have the crayon and paper. Sometimes Mami will nag at me not to draw on the floor or eat the crayon (i wasn't eating!!! but it looks nice to chewchew and my gum is itchy la!). But dont know why, the drawings i did all dont look like what i have in mind. Hmmm... Maybe i just need to practise somemore. Mami also bought me some finger paints. Cant wait to start on that. Heh heh. Should be fun! But there's also the not so fun part. Mami has been putting me to sleep on my own and without my tutu too. Sigh... she say that i am a big girl now so i should learn to go to sleep on my own after she help me brush my teeth and read me a story. I did protest initially but after while i decided to save my energy. Besides, i am also tired. Yawns... it is actually not such a big deal to sleep on my own because i still have Minky with me. And then, Mami promised she will see me in the morning when she say goodnight and so far, she has been keeping her promise! :)

Anyway, Mami thinks i better note down some of the new words that i know.

* down /下 (i know "up" and "上" already)
* 干 (as in 饼干)
* egg /蛋
* bear
* pay (as in play - the piano)
* baby
* 包 (as in 面包)
* mao (as in mouse)
* doh (as in avocado)
* bitebite
* patpat
* peas (as in please)
* hab (as in help)
* 萄 (as in 葡萄, or glips - grapes)
* 毛毛毛(for her 毛毛虫 caterpillar toy)
* car

My words are getting clearer too so that means more people can understand me. Of course most words i am not saying it spontaneously unless i hear or see something related to it (Mami calls it 'labelling'). So ya.. i am 'labelling' objects that i know. I can also related to some actions when i see photos of it (like "mum mum" when i see a picture of man eating). Mami was abit surprised but i dont know why she should be surprised since it was so obvious! Mami was also surprised that i can do 'pretend play' because she saw me trying to feed Big Bird, Ernie and Mewmew with a spoon. Well, if my buddies are feeling hungry, of course i have to feed them. :) I guess, i better ask Mami to get me some food that my buddies can eat. Mami mentioned something like toy food.. i guess that must be it. :D

No comments: