Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, November 26, 2010

23 months and 3 weeks

I have been away for so long... but that's because i've been travelling alot with my Mami and Dadi. I spent 5 weeks away from Melbourne during Sept and Oct. I went to visit my big QQ in HK, then see Gonggong and Laolao and xiao QQ in Humen. I also went with them and Kaka Ann and Kaka Yati to Shanghai! We visited quite a few places and also went to the world expo there. It was all very exciting.
Of course, when i was travelling, i had a lot of chance to try different food. There are the nice dimsums in HK and also the wonderful cooking by Kakas in Humen. In Shanghai we had xiao long bao and steamboat too. It was nice spending time with everyone. I learnt a lot of things while i was there. I learnt how to sing a few chinese oldies that Gonggong like, like 夜上海 and 月亮代表我的心. I also learnt to converse more in Mandarin and watch quite alot of Mandarin cartoons like 喜洋洋. Most of all, i discover my interest for chinese opera after a visit to the HK national museum. It was all very amusing for my grandparents. They were surprise that a little girl like me will like such music!
Of cos, there were also alot of shopping too. Everyone bought me things such as clothing, hats, toys, books and accessories. And i had a chance to visit Disneyland again, this time with Mami's friend Aunty Gracie, her husband Uncle Colin and Nat Didi. We had alot of fun in Disneyland and i was so excited to meet my good friends Mickey Mouse and his girlfriend Minnie Mouse again! On this trip, i also had a chance to visit the swimming pool at QQ's house. I really REALLY like the bubble pool (aka jacuzzi) in the changing room. Most time i refused to leave and would get really upset when Mami try to change me.
It was a good 5 weeks of holiday for me and it was fantastic to have all the company even though it can be quite tiring travelling at times from different places. Alot of people say that i am really lucky to have chance to take aeroplane so many times before i am 2 years old but to tell you all the truth, it is very TIRING, especially when you cannot sleep well on the plane (although i love the food on the plane and the toys the nice stewardess jiejie always give me).
Anyway, i was back in Melbourne in Nov and managed to meet up with my friends Grace Jiejie and Blythe Meimei again. I also met alot of other of Mami's friends. But sad to say Blythe Meimei now has gone back to SG and i have one less friend in Melbourne. *sigh*. Another sad thing that happened in Nov is that my Ah Zhor (Mami's grandma) passed away in Humen, 3wks after we came back to Melbourne. So we had to fly back to China again. where we met up with Vanessa Biao Yi and other granduncles and grandaunty. It was a long flight from Melb to Sg then to HK, and then a ferry to Humen. Mami got to see Ah Zhor again but to me, it seemed like Ah Zhor was orh-orhing. Mami asked me to friend-kiss Ah Zhor and say byebye... usually I am quite scared of Ah Zhor but because she was sleeping, she wasnt as scary so i told her byebye and friend-kissed her. After that i didn't see Ah Zhor again.
We spent a week in Humen and flew back to Melbourne after that. Once we came back, i had a hard time getting back to sleep. Mami said it was because of all the travelling... it took a while for me to settle down in the night time but i think it is better now. Mami and Dadi just re-do my room and moved me to my own big bed. I am not sure how i feel about it yet because tonight will be my first there in it. I am a little scared but Mami think i will be fine because i am going to be a big girl soon cos it will be my 2nd birthday next week! I am not sure what my Mami and Dadi has planned for me.. but i hope there will be an Elmo cake there! *Heehee* Update again when i am a 2-year old!

No comments: