Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 2, 2010

19 months

Hello Everyone,
This winter in Melbourne has been really cold but Mami, Dadi and I are doing well. Mami said time passes really fast, before she knew it, i've already turned 1 and a half year old, and soon, i will be two! Over the past month or so, we had a few visitors from Singapore, and i also caught up with my old friend, Blythe meimei, who also moved to Melbourne from Singapore. It is nice that i now have a playmate and hoped that Aunty Vanessa will bring Blythe meimei over for more playdates soon. We went to the museum last week and we really had fun!
Winter in Melbourne also means school holidays for the bigger gorgors and jiejies here. There are alot of children's programs happening and just the other day, Mami and Dadi took me to the NGV's children corner where there was a really cool art installation for kids like me to play with. I could play with lights and there were fishes swimming on the floor which made a musical sound whenever i try to step on them. After that we also went to a Tim Burton exhibition where i saw a lot of "MONSTERS"! But i wasn't scared at all and Mami and Dadi enjoyed it, even though there were alot of people there.

Mami is still waiting for a place for me at the childcare school. She thinks it will be nice for me to go join other children for play and learning a few times a week. The school was very nice and big but also very popular. There are still 150 children infront of me in the waiting list! Anyway, it seems exciting if i can go to the school. I saw alot of play toys and activities! There was also a big dining room where i can go by myself to take food (with teacher of course) and everything is cooked fresh there! Even though Mami said that i am learning very fast, she also thinks if i have more friends, i will really enjoy it. I think so too. I love being other little friends and sometimes they will hold my hand when i go to them.

The things i know now... wow.. there are too many things that i can't really remember also. I am eating on my own with a spoon. And i can identify alot of shapes now, like circle, square, triangle, diamond, heart, and oval. The other day, i also managed to thread a button (big big one!) using a pipe cleaner with my two hands. Of course, when it comes to talking, i am now more confident in using more phrases and sometimes sentences. Sometimes i uses Mandarin too but i think i prefer English because i know more words. I still love my songs and i can sing quite a lot of them (not ALL the words but i can remember the ending of each sentences for all the songs, even if Mami had only sang them once or twice). Mami say i should start toilet training soon so that she can save on all the day time diapers. But perhaps she will only start when the weather is warmer. Laolao and Gonggong will be coming in another week's time and Mami had has them to buy me alot of pants for my 'toilet training'. Sighhhh....

Well, that's all for now... Wonder what new things will i learn or new places i will go in this coming month! See you soon Gonggong and Laolao!

No comments: