Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

6 months 3 weeks old

Hello from Melbourne!
Brrr.. it is really cold now and to keep warm, Mami has been letting me wear thick thick jumpers and bodysuits. Some were bought by Winnie gugu and some from Laolao. We came here 11 days ago on a big aeroplane after saying byebye to Gongong, laolao, yeye, nainai, ah zhor, gugu and all the other aunties and uncles who came to see us off at the airport. It is my first time on the aeroplane but Mami wants me to go to sleep. *sulk* I have my own bassinet on the plane but didn't really spend much time inside because the pilot kept the 'fasten seatbelt' sign on most of the 8 hours flight from Spore to Melbourne. So i slept in Mami and Dadi's arms most of the time.

When we reach Australia, we had to push a lot of bags on a trolley through immigration with Mami carrying me in the carrier. After that we took a big big taxi van to go to QQ's old apartment near the city. For the next few days Mami and Dadi did a lot of cleaning and i was so happy to see my bumper mat from Spore because i can still play on it while they are working. And because there was no baby cot yet, I also spent a few days sleeping with Dadi/Mami in their big bed. It was very warm and nice to sleep between then and i can have milk milk any time i want. When i had my own cot and mattress, Mami put me to sleep in another room next to theirs... i wasn't too happy at first and woke Mami up a few times at night because i wanted a cuddle from her. Still, Mami kept putting me into my cot and try to make my cot nice and cosy for me with my favourite bolster and cute cute toys. After 2 days, i began to like my cot and now when i am tired, i just want to hug my bolster and sleep inside my cot.

Once i am here, Mami has been feeding me a lot of different nice food! I love avocado, pumpkin, potato, apple, banana, pear and carrots. These are usually mixed with my rice cereals and i can now finish one bowl. At first my tummy was not so used to the new food and i had a bit of trouble trying to poopoo. It was difficult and made me cry but after 2 days and some bananas later, everything is ok again. Now Dadi also got me a high chair from ikea and we will all sit down together on the dining table to eat lunch and dinner. Sometimes Mami will feed me and Dadi will feed Mami. Mami always laugh because Dadi say I have to learn to feed him next. Then we can go around feeding one another. I really like sitting down with Mami and Dadi during meal times because everyone will be smiling and talking to me. Sometimes i will laugh and Mami will say that i am very loud.

Mami say it is important for little babies to have a routine. So here's mine:
7am - Milk milk with Mami then back to bed somemore
9am - Wake up with Mami, Have milkmilk & cuddle cuddle on Mami's big bed
10am - Pompom time
11am - Play time on my bumper mat with Mami/Dadi or on my own while they make lunch
11.30am - Lunch time! I usually have cereals with 2 different type of veggie/fruit purees.
12pm - Nap time
2pm - Play time or Outing time (Mami and Dadi will take me go shopping and walkwalk in my stroller)
3pm - Milk Milk time then play time (if at home still)
4.30pm - Nap time
6pm - Play time
6.30pm - Dinner time (same like lunch but with different purees) then sit with Dadi/Mami while they eat
7.30pm - Wipe down and dress for sleeping
8pm - Winding down with Mami or Dadi
9pm - Milk Milk time
9.30pm - Bedtime

Now i can skip my midnight milkmilk time though i may still cry cry abit at midnight or 2-3am but Mami usually just come and pat pat me or give me a bit of water then i will happily fall asleep till the next day. Mami is very happy that i now like to sleep in the cot and i will want to lie down when i am sleepy after she cuddle me for a while.

I don't know how long we will be in Melbourne but so far it has been quite nice because i see Dadi and Mami everyday and they are always there to play and carry me. It may be abit cold so i dont get to go out very much to see outside but Mami promise that she will let me play in the big park next to our apartment and bring me to the beach and go swimming when it gets warmer and people stop being sick outside. Yippee!!

No comments: